How to create ads that work on Google Adwords
Create ads that hit well
Google enforces a set of rules for writing ads.
An announcement aims to highlight the specific assets of your products, your services, your site, to encourage the person to click on it.
In addition, an ad is linked to an ad group, which is linked to a campaign
- Rules and instructions
Ads may be declined or suspended if they do not comply with the following rules:
WRITING AND FORMAT:
- Maximum number of characters strong>: The title, text, and URL of your ad must meet the specified limits.
- Prices, Discounts, and Special Offers strong>: If your ad mentions a price, discount, or special offer, these must be clearly displayed on your website.
- Punctuation marks and symbols strong>: The exclamation point can not be used in the title of an ad, and the description lines can only contain one.
The characters "~", "| " , " * " are forbidden. However, you can distinguish yourself by using other characters such as the following: • + = - ...? ^ ¢ ¤ ¥ etc.
- Phrases prohibited strong>: It is forbidden to write "click here" in an advertisement. Superlatives such as "the best", "the most", etc. are also to be avoided, as well as the words totally written in capital letters.
- Links strong>: The display URL must contain your domain name. Links to your website must allow users to easily access and exit the landing page.
- Pop-up windows strong>: Destination URLs should never point to pop-ups
- URLs redirected strong>: Advertisers can not use destination URLs that automatically redirect users to another site.
- Tips on Writing your ads
- Be clear, use only simple words, without jargon.
- Be attractive, interesting.
- Insérez les mots clés dans votre texte d’annonce, le plus souvent dans le titre. Les termes de la recherche présents dans l’annonce seront affichés en gras.
- Highlight what sets you apart from your competitors.
- Describe the features or promotions you are alone to offer.
- Include prices (This can filter out "bad" leads).
- Incitez à l’action : « Découvrez, achetez, commandez, téléchargez, inscrivez-vous… »
- Use a precise displayed URL that points to the correct landing page
Pole Position Market strong>, with its experience and know-how can help you in this process. So do not hesitate contact us strong> , and let's build together a Multi lever strategy adapted to your environment and your market.